Cosmic is a Social Impact Creative Agency. We empower social impact organizations to catalyze real world change by helping them nail their impact story, build brand awareness, and inspire action. We’re a distributed team with roots in Santa Cruz, CA. A bit about us:
- We are deeply committed to our mission to support social impact organizations working towards creating a more just and equitable world
- We’re a team of creatives, strategists, and technologists dedicated to exploring how digital experiences can spark real world change
- Developers on our team are included in each project from start to finish and weigh in on design, strategy, and interactions
- Each project is collaborative and includes the developer, designer, and content strategist, project manager, and creative director.
- We work a 4-day week and believe that good work is sustained through true work/life balance
- Our team has a broad spectrum of interests. Our culture’s defined by an appreciation for social good, design, music, coffee, craft beer & food, outdoor adventure, amazing film & TV, and finding the perfect animated gif to express our thoughts.
- We value impact, intention, innovation, integrity, balance, and empathy
Cosmic is looking to add an outstanding Web Developer to our team. If the following description sounds like you, then we’d like to meet.
- You have experience as a Web Developer, and specifically agency or client-facing experience is required
- You instinctively think ahead, adapt, and quickly problem solve, all while keeping your cool
- You have the ability to iterate, remain flexible, and prioritize on a daily basis
- You enjoy working within a fast-paced sprint cycle where new work and iterations of previous work is presented to the client on a weekly basis
- You have experience developing websites and interactive digital experiences using the JAMStack philosophy (Our typical stack is Gatsby, Netlify, and Prismic/CraftCMS)
- You enjoy integrating with third party API’s, and developing plug-ins to extend base CMS functionality
- You have experience developing complex CMS-powered websites
- You have an understanding of web servers and ability to deploy code using Github
- Solid understanding of GitHub/Version Control
- Exceptional ability to translate designs into semantic, accessible front-end code
- Strong understanding of modern web technologies and workflows
- Strong understanding of mobile & responsive design & development practices
- Appreciate atomic design methodology and are comfortable developing in a componentized framework
- Solid understanding and appreciation for color, typography, and composition
- Ability to work directly with designers to implement designs and provide design feedback if necessary
- Ability to explain and defend your technical recommendations to other team members, Creative Director, and clients
- You relish the ability to be involved with a project from start to finish
- Able to work within a clear and consistent workflow and process
- Must be open to changes in approach to coding that follow new and evolving standards that will be developed with team input and discussion
- You enjoy learning quickly and diving deep into each client’s world to understand their market space, how they function within it, and how we can help them meet their goals
Your day-to-day will be a mix of writing code for client projects and collaborating with the Cosmic design and development team.
- Develop scroll-stopping interactive digital experiences or micro sites, digital engagement and fundraising/action centers, educational or storytelling websites, and websites that edge into being mini-applications
- Develop integrations with third party API’s and Applications
- Participate in the processes used by the Cosmic development team to keep current on developing and evolving technology and platforms
- Participate in the process of maintaining the Cosmic code standards and frameworks as well as documentation for easy communication and evolution of these code standards for use by the in-house developers
- Help develop tools, workflows, and starters to simplify the in-house development process and provide consistency when used by the Cosmic team
- Work with Cosmic’s Founder in regards to the strategic approach to projects, technology stack choices, and problem solving
- Participate in a workflow and established process for code review, testing process, and help maintain standards of all code produced across the team
- Collaborate with Cosmic project teams to develop information architectures for websites, apps, interactive digital experiences, and digital action centers
- Join weekly sprints with each of our clients, where you will present your development progress in collaboration with the team
- Stay up to date on the technology used in donor engagement, social/civic engagement, sales processes, and emerging technology trends that could support clients in the social impact digital space
- Continue to evolve as a thoughtful, empathetic developer
Perks & Benefits
- We work a 4-day work week (32-40 hours per week). Enjoy 3-day weekends every week!
- We are a fully distributed team
- 401k Plan + employer contributions after a year on the job
- 2 weeks paid vacation each year
- 5 days paid sick time each year
- 5 paid holidays each year, plus the Studio closes for the last 2.5 weeks of the year as an additional long paid holiday
- Northern California centric brand
- Join a humble, collaborative team
We welcome people from all walks of life, all genders and orientations, all religions and cultures, and all ethnicities. Staying true to our guiding principles, we promote acceptance, inclusion, and truth in all aspects of our business and encourage these values in our community.
Submit an application on the Cosmic website that includes a cover letter, resume, Github invitation, and link to your digital portfolio.