About Snowball Industries:
Snowball is an essential services holding company inspired by the Berkshire Hathaway model. We buy great essential commercial and home services businesses that do high quality work, and aim to hold them forever. We reinvest the cash flows into organic growth and acquisition of additional operating companies.
We are a team of entrepreneurs and investors who have built our own businesses from the ground up and are now focused on building a unique, values-driven family of companies with a long-term mindset.
We encourage and reward hustle, humility, and long-term thinking. It is our belief that every role in our ecosystem, when done with expertise, care and excellence, is a profession of honor.
We are committed to increase pathways to prosperity for everyone who works with us. We take pride in what we do, and prioritize the financial and personal wellbeing of those that work within the Snowball ecosystem.
We have made two acquisitions so far in the essential services market as platforms for the company to build upon, and are working on closing a third. We are profitable and cash-flow positive. We are not a private equity firm, and we like to think we don’t act like one. We are backed by our founders and a few strategic investors with a long-term mindset. Our goal is to fund the growth of the company through as broad of a shareholder base as possible and make every employee a shareholder in the long run.
As the VP of Finance, you will work as part of Snowball's Executive Leadership Team, reporting directly to the CEO.
The VP of Finance is responsible for: strategic financial planning; financial reporting; audit supervisor; capital allocation and overseeing the financial/accounting affairs of Snowball Industries and our family of companies. They will assist a dedicated M&A team in financing and performing diligence on new acquisitions.
The ideal candidate will have technical expertise in: corporate development, internal controls; regulatory compliance; accounting, forecasting and budgeting; tax filing; risk management and auditing.
There is an opportunity for this role to develop into a CFO role. The company presently does not have a CFO, since the CEO as well as the chairman have extensive strategic finance backgrounds.
This whole company is virtual - the team meets quarterly in person in the USA (and the businesses we own are in the USA), but otherwise, you can live wherever you like (we span Mexico, Canada, Portugal and the USA). The Snowball team is diverse, quirky, and kind. We have a very strong responsibility culture.
What You'll Do:
- Provide dependable, strategic financial leadership by advising the Executive Leadership Team on financial planning within the Snowball ecosystem (budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities); maintain clear lines of communication, keeping the CEO informed of all critical issues
- Monitor updates to any relevant regulatory requirements including providing guidance/recommendation and developing or upgrading and implementing policies, internal controls and accounting standards
- Assess and report on organization-wide risks and develop an internal audit plan
- Directly manage the company’s controller and manage via matrix the finance/accounting function of subsidiaries
- Work closely with Corporate Development and Operations teams to identify and evaluate growth opportunities within existing companies as well as related to acquisition activity; provide insight into maximizing deployment of financial resources
- Represent Snowball externally as necessary including presenting status reports on financial matters to our Board of Directors
- Coach and develop the Finance team and participate in performance management and hiring when necessary
- CPA/CFA or equivalent with 10+ years of financial management experience, preferably in high growth / scaling environments
- Strong preference for candidates with a background in financial management of businesses that provide essential services (i.e. HVAC, plumbing, etc.) to residential and commercial customers.
- Experience negotiating debt financings
- Demonstrated focus on results and business/operational improvements relying in data-driven decision making
- Must be very tech savvy and comfortable in a modern work environment (e.g. Slack, Google Docs, Zoom, etc)
- Strategic planning and corporate development experience with solid technical knowledge of the accounting, investment, tax and securities regulatory environment in the US
- Leadership, communication and team-building skills including mentoring and coaching
- An appreciation for change management and proven track record of working in organizations through various stages of integration, restructuring, etc.
- Preference for candidates who have taken non-traditional paths and/or have non-traditional backgrounds
Salary range: DOE. Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity should submit their resume and salary expectations.