WHO WE ARE:.
GrowTix, a product of Patron Technology, is actively seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for solving unique problems, wearing many hats, and working in a fast paced environment.
Sounds interesting? Let’s talk.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Develop quality and scalable code on an industry leading ticketing platform.
- Make architectural, platform design and tooling selection decisions with broad impact
- Mentor excellent programming practices in team members
- Write readable, maintainable and well-tested code
- Help implement high-quality and long-lasting solutions to complex problems facing event organizers
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand problem scope and customer needs
- Set priorities and refine tasks and estimates while participating in sprint planning sessions, standups, and retrospectives
- Write software used at-scale by world-renowned event brands
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 4-6 years professional experience preferred
- History of writing unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Affinity for teamwork and leadership skills
- History of working closely with Devops and SRE teams
- Strong understanding of modern software design practices
- Ability to write organized, legible, testable and efficient software
- Comfortable around a command line in a Linux-flavored environment
- Understanding of web and network security
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take initiative to solve problems
- Strong Communication and writing skills
- Experience using the CakePHP Framework
- Experience working with Node.js
- Experience with at least one modern JS Framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc).
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem and Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps tools (terraform, ansible) and CI/CD
- Experience working with systems that process payments (PCI DSS compliance)
- History of contributing to open source software
- Ability to demonstrate professional expertise with writing, blog posts, talks, or other public work