Epion's purpose is to empower partners and patients to achieve the best healthcare possible.
Epion Health has transformed the doctor’s appointment into a personalized digital experience, where patients can share information with their doctor and take ownership of their own health management. We are a mission-driven company that uses technology to solve real healthcare problems for real people throughout the appointment life cycle. Epion is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer. You will have an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and collaborative culture that is making a difference in healthcare. Epion was selected to Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020.
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer, you’ll work in a closely-knit team with a technology stack built on Rails 6, React, RSpec and PostgreSQL. Our application infrastructure is hosted on a combination of AWS and Aptible; analytics infrastructure is on Google Cloud Platform. We integrate with multiple EHRs and provide a telehealth platform with video chat. We like to work with modern technologies, always try to do what is best for the customer, and put more value on teamwork than rock stars and cowboys.
- Build new features that make a difference in the lives of patients and doctors
- Contribute ideas to the product roadmap
- Work as part of a team that believes in collaboration, and takes good design and test coverage seriously
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Collaborate with the technical design and development of major platform components to help the Epion platform scale with our explosive user growth
- Actively promote quality and good design practices in our object oriented application code
- Build new features to improve patient experience and medical staff efficiency
- Use and promote best practices
- Pair program with team members of various experience levels, and provide code reviews
- Be a mentor when you have the expertise / Be a student when someone else does
Required Experience or Skills
- 4+ years experience working as a software developer on a team, with at least 2 years of experience using Ruby on Rails
- Experience writing feature, integration, and unit tests
- Experience in a startup environment with a lot of autonomy
- Experience working with a Continuous Integration environment (CircleCI, Codeship, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding and commitment to Agile processes (we have a Scrum workflow)
- Great communication, particularly in explaining your coding processes, suggestions for best practices, and identifying ways to improve the team’s coding quality
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working with a distributed team
- React experience is a strong plus
- Previous experience with HL7 and/or FHIR a strong plus; general REST API experience a plus
- We’d love to know about your skills that aren’t on this list, too!
- Competitive salary, 401K, and health benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Latest Apple products for your working needs
- Reimbursement options for classes or conferences
- This is a remote opportunity, with proximity to our North Andover, MA office a plus, but not required. The office has a free gym on site.
- United States based applicants only. Epion Health cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. Epion Health is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.