We are working on a workflow app for marketing agencies. The MVP UX design is done and we already started development.
You are an experienced and driven full-stack developer, with a focus on the backend.
Our tech stack includes React.js, Node.js, Express, AWS, Elastic Search, PostgreSQL, Docker.
This is a long term, full-time, engagement (30 hrs a week minimum) and ideally.
In case the collaboration works well you'll be given the opportunity to get shared in the startup after a few months.
- Full Stack development, but focus on 90% on the backend.
- You'll join 2 other developers who recently started development on the product.
- Work with the product manager and two UX designers to find issues with the design and consistency in respect to technical implementation and usability in combination.
- Help finding missing user stories and new or improved features for future consideration.
- Give technical feedback and input on the UX designer and Product manager, tester and 1 other (to be hired) developer, i.e. point out issues, missing user stories, etc.
- Help setup and run development, test, and production environments.
- Backend: You have at least 3 years experience with Node.js plus a popular framework like express / hapi / koa /etc
- Frontend: You have at least 1 year of experience with react.
- You have been responsible for deployment and maintenance of both test (CI/CD, unit tests) and production environments.
- You have set up and monitored AWS resources for performance and economy.
- Ideally, you worked on a B2B SaaS app before.
- Database: Experience with AWS RDS Aurora (PostgreSQL) or similar and able to properly design a normalized database using migrations.|
- Ideally, experience creating queries and building full-text indices for Elasticsearch.
- Ability to view problems and solutions from both a higher level and with respect to the architecture. Hence, consistency, holistic thinking paired with analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and reasonably fluent in English.
- We are open to talent from anywhere in the world and your working hours are very flexible. We only require that for at least for 3 days a week, 3 of your working hours overlap the hours of 13:00-19:00 in Germany to facilitate team meetings.
- We are not looking for an agency at the moment and subcontracting of some of your work is not allowed.
Question? Or apply right away?
If you have any questions about this position, don't hesitate to contact email@example.com (not: .com).
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, no motivation letter is required. We will send you some short screening questions to answer, which we will use to select a shortlist of candidates that we will interview. A skill test might is part of the process.