We’re looking for an experienced Elixir / Erlang Developer to work on our server and “Flowtime” workflow/integration engine. You’ll play a key role in the development of our industry-leading product Alertive and work closely with talented designers, developers and test engineers.
The product team is responsible for designing, developing & testing the business's core product, Alertive. Available for Android, iOS and Desktop, Alertive is a secure communication solution saving front-line clinicians time and enabling them to deliver better and faster patient outcomes.
- Play a key role in the design, development and architecture of the Alertive server and “Flowtime” workflow/integration engine
- Design, develop, document and test fast, efficient, secure, reliable features using a variety of tools and techniques
- Participate in the server architecture and design process and ensure the technical feasibility of features
- Optimise the product for maximum speed, scalability, reliability and security
- Collaborate with mobile and desktop app developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Be creative and tenacious when implementing new features which may be unique and therefore do not have existing solutions
- Keep up to date with emerging software development methods, particularly in the areas of functional programming and data flows
- Develop an understanding of Alertive's users requirements, needs and processes
- Develop a broad understanding of the Alertive product set
- Be respectful of the company values of communication, humility, diversity, resilience and innovation
What we are looking for
- At least 4 years of experience working with functional programming languages, at least 2 of which should be with Elixir and Erlang
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS and Azure
- A good understanding of XML and XML processing
- Experience of scaling server architectures, clustering and performance tuning
- An appreciation of security best practices
- Experience with relational data stores (e.g. SQLServer and MySQL)
- Experience of the XMPP protocol would be a bonus
- Experience implementing and maintaining large and complex code bases
- Experience and deep understanding of version control with Git
- Experience using issue management tools such as JIRA
- Ability to accurately estimate development tasks
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Thank you for your application and for taking the first step towards joining our team.
Headquartered in Derby, we operate as a remote team enabling talent from all over the UK to join our mission. Office and company days are on hold at the moment but we are looking forward to gathering when restrictions allow.
Our benefits package is designed to engage, reward and protect our people.
Our personalised platform makes accessing your benefits easy and convenient.
- Pension & Financial support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- EV & other car salary sacrifice options
- Retail discounts
- Regular in-house coaching
- GP access through Docotorline
- Mental Health Support through Togetherall.