The Opportunity Delaware North is searching for a Payroll Tax Manager to join our Human Resources team. In this role, you'll be responsible for the design and implementation of payroll tax strategy and compliance, including the oversight of payroll taxes. In addition, you'll establish quality assurance systems and processes to create durable and repeatable payroll and tax processes, including system set-up, customer service, and system set-up. While part of the central HR Shared Services Team, this role can be remote with occasional travel to our global headquarters as needed.
- Remains current on legislation and regulatory rulings that impact payroll or payroll tax to ensure compliance.
- Establishes payroll processing standards, timeframes, and communications to effectively and efficiently handle all tax obligations with tax partners
- Creates processes and systems to recommend methods to continuously improve the design and production of payroll and compliance functions.
- Provide support for tax audits and answer inquiries from various taxing jurisdictions.
- Research, interpret and understand existing or revised tax codes, laws, or forms.
- Develops recommendations and cost-benefit analysis to effectively align strategic initiatives with payroll and business operations.
- Performs tax reconciliations and determines liability for accounts, divisions, or business units.
- Provides analysis, advice, and counsel to business leaders about the impacts of regulatory changes.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with in-house counsel for definitive rulings and guidance on compliance issues and audit requests.
- Defines, clarifies, and drives a common understanding of the business process for project success.
- Prepares and delivers effective organizational change management and communication.
- Manages relationships with internal clients and all stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Works across organizational functions and boundaries and builds internal networks to effectively implement payroll solutions.
- At least six years of payroll experience in an automated timekeeping environment and in a multi-state environment to include payroll tax filing.
- 3-5 years payroll leadership experience.
- Independent problem-solving in an automated environment.
- Performs work with a high degree of latitude.
- Possesses expert knowledge in payroll tax.
- Payroll certification desired.
- Logical, linear, systematic thinking.
- Self-starter and self-learner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume, quickly changing environment
- Passionate about continuous learning and serves as an effective change agent to grow skillsets and talents within the organization while accomplishing key initiatives and projects.
Who We Are At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.