POSITION: Operations Manager
REPORTING TO: CEO, Jessica Walman
STATUS: Full-Time Employee
LOCATION: Remote, US only; 8:00am-4:00pm PST preferred (EST ok if you can work the hours stated)
START DATE: April 2021
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH: April 8, 2021
ABOUT THE OPERATIONS MANAGER POSITION
The JW Agency is a leading digital marketing agency that specializes in working with creatives, service-based, and influencers in generating consistent leads and sales through Facebook / Instagram paid advertising. We specifically work with business owners selling digital products, online coaching programs, high-ticket service-based offers, and ecommerce products.
We are looking to bring on a rockstar Operations Manager to support our growth! This position will support the CEO in overseeing and implementing agency objectives and goals. This is a strategic and management level role. The candidate should possess strong competencies in project management, data, analytics + reporting, strategic planning, team leadership and possess financial acumen. The main goal is to reduce the CEO’s time spent on daily operations and lead the team to implement, execute and drive projects through completion.
This is a remote, Full-Time employee position working the hours of 8:00am-4:00pm PST. The compensation for this role is $4,000/mo.
YOU’RE PERFECT FOR THE JW AGENCY IF...
- You understand the paid digital marketing model and are intrigued by FB ads.
- You are a Google Sheets wizard and love all things data!
- You have successfully hired employees/contractors for online businesses.
- You are a natural leader; you take initiative and project manage the team to complete tasks efficiently and on time.
- You are a self starter and go-getter. You’re eager and willing to learn.
- You are lighthearted, outgoing and have a fun sense of humor (we joke 50% of the time).
- You are a strong and succinct communicator. You can get to your point quickly!
- You ask insightful questions. We love questions! Just try not to ask the same ones ;)
- You LOVE a fast-paced work environment.
- You are a quick worker and respond promptly to Slack, Voxer, etc.
- You have high energy and keep can up with a fast moving leader.
- You think in systems and processes.
- Your attention to detail is second to none.
- You take copious notes allowing you to implement the new strategy seamlessly.
- You enjoy collaborating with a CEO and can bring fresh ideas and strategy.
- You work in high integrity and do what you say you’ll do.
- You are extremely organized and love using project management tools.
- You take ownership and accountability of your work and are open to feedback (that’s the only way to grow).
- You are adaptable, flexible and work with agility knowing no 2 days are ever the same.
- You handle pressure well and *sometimes* thrive off of it.
- You think two steps ahead, take fast action and are proactive in understanding what needs to be done.
- You work well autonomously but also enjoy a team dynamic.
- You are continuously learning and growing and enjoy upward mobility in your roles.
- Bookkeeping/Finance experience is a plus!
Google Suite | Google Sheets | Asana | Dubsado | Zoom
Loom | ScheduleOnce | Slack | Wordpress | Active Campaign
- Client onboarding; communicate with the Account Managers when a new client signs on, drive the entire onboarding process in a tight timeframe (7-10 days) to ensure the account managers are following the process and completing their tasks in a timely manner
- Prioritize new projects and calendar them in the quarter they will be implemented. Drive projects forward by managing task due dates for the CEO and the team
- Assist CEO in delegating tasks or implement as necessary to ensure projects and strategies are executed
- Assist CEO in reviewing and improving SOP’s/processes for client retention, delivery, and lead generation on a consistent basis
- Assist in client project management
- Revise/improve Asana workflows and JWA processes
- Create new processes and streamline current processes/SOPs documented
- Event Planning
Leadership, Data and Tracking:
Strategic agency planning
- Implement quarterly planning cadence
- Actively participate in planning meetings with CEO
- Map out goals for Q1, Q2 etc.
- Frequent review of strategy and goals to keep team on target/task
- Weekly overview and updates to the leadership team
- Assist in driving and meeting agency initiatives
- Strategically plan and map out future hiring growth as you anticipate needs
- Manage/track agency performance through spreadsheets: Agency Client Revenue vs Expense
- Manage/track client performance through spreadsheets: Ad Spend vs Revenue vs Profit, etc.
- Track client retention and keep spreadsheet updated
- Use Google Sheets Supermetrics & Report Garden for reporting
- Be available to CEO for agency & personal related projects/tasks
- Light Bookkeeping (currently using Bench) & Payroll 2x/moth (Gusto). Goal is to hire fractional bookkeeper in first60 days
- Once Bookkeeper is hired, deliver Minimum Monthly Spend Report + Client Cost Breakdown Report
Admin + Client Care
- Organize Google Drive for maximum efficiency and organization (all SOPs organized and in one place)
- On-boarding New Clients
- Qualify client and ensure zoom links are set up
- Send out new client/contract invoices, welcome forms in Dubsado
- SOP Dubsado complete on-boarding process
- Create Asana on-boarding process with form
- Revise onboarding form to make it more efficient
- Explore utilizing proposals on sales calls
Email Inbox Management
- Inbox Zero
- JW Daily Folder
- Reply to all podcast/summit invites - create process/template
- Monitor/Manage Client Invoices
- Track invoices
- Client Churn Report
- Manage Calendar
- Ensure all upcoming calls have Zoom links
- Possibly setup Zoom link in all sales/strategy calls booked automatically
- For strategy calls, add individual Account Manager (AM) Zoom link to it (have all AM links in advance)
- Potential sales calls that are NOT a fit, cancel using template
- Create new approved template
- Check booked calls Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday’s
- Strategy calls - get notified when booked and add Traffic Manager, AM, CPM, and MB it immediately.
- Client care
- Create process of sending quarterly gifts to clients
- Create process for holiday annual gifts in December
- Implement monthly email to clients
- Internal team
- Keep track of team milestones: birthdays, annual anniversaries, etc. so we can recognize those!
- Book team travel
- Manage the hiring process of new team members; create job description, application questions, interview, onboard and train new hires
- Create KPIs for team in collaboration with CEO
- Performance reviews - create a system for quarterly reviews and manage the process
- Implement + lead weekly progress meetings
- Run daily huddles
ABOUT THE JW AGENCY
We are a small group of individuals who LOVE marketing, LOVE helping our clients make an impact in the world, and LOVE crushing it with paid advertising. We work hard, fast, and with integrity while at the same time having as much fun as possible! Our clients are thought leaders, influencers, and service providers who are serious about scaling their businesses BIG so they can make a MASSIVE impact.