Hey there 👋
My name is Dimitry and I’m the founder of Soar. We build productizedmarketing services at price points startups and creators can afford. We deliver our services in a streamlined way and believe in impacting as many startups and creators as possible using well defined and transparently priced and scoped services.
The services we have are a combination of “agency” style services, like managed SEO, Reputation Management, and more productized and packaged up services like
- Done for you viral posts on Reddit
- Quora answers
- Analytics tag installation
- & more
No matter the service, we try and keep the service experience transparent and fair to our customers. It’s a core tenet and a welcome relief for a lot of the people who come to us.
We’ve been growing fast during Covid. Our specialization in Reddit combined with the growth of the creator economy has really pushed us up. Now we need to improve and expand the services we deliver.
That’s where you come in. Our Head of Services.
You’ll join and lead our services team of ~18 people and growing. Don’t panic, you’ve got a talented team to help you. We’ve got kickass service leads, so you’ll have clear points of contact as you explore & get familiar with the landscape.
Leadership will be around to help as well.
Initially, your first few projects will be focused on familiarizing and setting the scene for the future.
- Develop a per-service P&L and help us understand which services need more resources, which need less, and which ones need adjustments.
- Interview our team and work with them to develop a roadmap for their services
- Pitching clients and helping us get established on Upwork and similar platforms.
As you settle in, you’ll be the owner of our overall service quality. Your day to day will depend, but will probably include the following...
- Auditing running orders to understand and resolve issues with service delivery
- Helping improve turnaround times, customer success ratings and other KPI’s per service that you and service leads come up with
- Running 1-on-1’s with service leads and understanding how they’re doing
- Helping service teams implement SOP’s and standardized practices across service execution, delivery & reporting
- Collaborating with Customer Success to understand and resolve customer disputes
- Help us hire excellent team members, and let go ones who aren’t a fit.
- Help us leverage upskill and create opportunities for team members to grow and expand
- Working with service leads to develop service improvements that help improve the quality, efficiency or customer experience.
- Collaborate with leadership to plan & drive forward service and platform vision
- Strong project management & operations background with experience in SEO, PPC, social media marketing
- Experience managing a team of 10+ team members in a marketing environment
- Excellent written & spoken communication style
- Work hours that overlap some with the EST timezone
- Self-motivated and work well independently
- Comfortable working remotely (we don’t have an office)
- You’ve got a pet (+10)
- You’ve led a marketing team before (+5)
- You’ve run an agency before (+10)
- You’ve used Asana, Airtable and Zapier (+5)
We’re trying to build a great team with talented people. We’d like you to help us on this mission. Here are some of the core principles of working with our team
Work-life Balance & Flexible Hours ⏰
We are a remote-first company, we believe in focusing on working with the best talent no matter where you are located. We will make it work. We respect time zones and try our best to provide flexibility in your daily work life.
PTO & Holidays 🏖
We work hard to make sure that we create a balanced environment that helps you avoid burnouts. We encourage everyone to take at least 35 days off per year. Just make sure to notify your team beforehand so we can balance the workload of your fellow teammates.
Mental & Physical Strength fund 💪
We want our team to be healthy both physically and mentally so we are happy to reimburse you if you are going to a gym or take a meditation class - you pick!
Growth & Education Allowance 📚
We want to make sure that you have the ability to grow - maybe you want to take a Udemy course, pick up some Linkedin Learning, or participate in a webinar. We encourage our team to learn new skills and better existing ones.
While a minor benefit, it is nice to be surprised sometimes. We try to wow you every year with a small token of appreciation - a logo t-shirt or paid lunch, event tickets, or small party - we try to figure something out regardless of being remote.
Wifi Coverage 📶
As a remote company, our “office” is highly dependent on Wifi. We are happy to help you cover this expense with up $50/month towards your Wifi bill.
Even though we are a small company, we strive to be fair about compensation. We make sure that you can live comfortably on your salary, no matter where you are. It is not easy to benchmark salaries in a remote company where our people are located all over the world but we continuously work on and improve our approach. Things we take into account when calculating the compensation are global averages per skillset, your local cost of living, your skills and experience.
I look forward to reviewing your applications
Best of luck,