Here at Beyond, we are passionate about helping short-term rental owners and managers be successful. Backed by the world-class Bessemer Venture Partners, we have grown from a bootstrapped company of a few to the market leader in our category. We attribute our success to our belief that the people are the most important part of a business and our commitment to being a fantastic place to work.
As an Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with a cohesive team of talented engineers, backed up by a strong culture and trust capital. By helping us better organize, coaching our players, clearly communicating both internally and externally, and driving empowerment with accountability, you will play a key role in Beyond’s success.
Beyond's Engineering Team believes in:
Reducing scope - The best way to control progress and test hypotheses is to prevent scope creep;
Shipping early - The best way to learn early is to ship early. No need to be perfect;
Iterating and improving - Once we get the feedback we need, we iterate and improve;
Taking ownership - The code we ship is our responsibility as we know it best;
Delivering value - By focussing on providing the best customer experience, we improve acquisition and retention and drive revenue.
As our Engineering Manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Running a continuous weekly 1:1 practice and removing blockers for your team members;
- Establishing career growth objectives and providing continuous feedback on progress for team members;
- Collaborating with delivery teams and external stakeholders to communicate the “why” and establishing clarity and accountability on current and future work;
- Planning, managing, and allocating engineering resources based on quarterly OKRs;
- Fostering an environment of technical excellence, and facilitating architectural discussions and decision making.
Who you are:
A good coach, who catalyzes growth and development while empowering others and does not micromanage;
Result-oriented, pragmatic, a data-driven decision-maker, with a people-centered and systems thinking approach to engineering management;
A good communicator, who listens and shares information effectively with contributors and stakeholders alike.
Now that we've told you what the job looks like, here are the qualifications we're looking for in a candidate:
- Hands-on engineering management experience of distributed/remote teams of developers;
- 5 years of contributions as a software engineer ideally building SaaS products in start-up or growth environments;
- A track record of building and managing a hiring process, resulting in culture fit, high performance, and high retention
- A track record of improving teams performance with engineering methodologies, execution planning, tracking, and reporting;
- Experience with OKR to drive clarity, empowerment, alignment, and accountability;
- Large scale, fault-tolerant, high throughput systems design experience preferred.
We are serious about our core values - We Care, We Are On the Same Team, We Inspire Trust, We Go Beyond, We Ship It - if those resonate with you, and you're ready to work with a team that lives and breathes those values, we want to hear from you.
Beyond is committed to building a workplace that attracts humans of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds, statuses, and lifestyles. At our core, we care about our people and encourage every employee, partner, and applicant to share their whole self with us. We are respectful of and empathetic towards different viewpoints and believe that our ability to help short-term rental managers succeed relies on us building a dynamic and diverse team. Whoever you are, you can Belong @ Beyond.