At Generate Impact, we exist to empower the benevolence creators of the world through great people, frictionless processes and innovative technology.
And through the humanitarian, social impact, sustainability and for-profit-for-good organizations and causes we support, we truly believe we’re changing the world.
We’re seeking people who are passionate about helping others and share the same values as us - Prioritizing People, Embracing Ownership, Practicing Humility, Thinking Practically, and Promoting Innovation. We want team members who look at their jobs as a way to make a difference in the world. We’re headquartered in Harrisonburg, Virginia and have a mix of local and remote talent.
The Developer will assist in the design, coding, and testing of technical solutions. They will also need to understand standard development procedures, lifecycle processes and apply our methodology effectively on client engagements, as well as applying knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
This position is full-time, and is eligible for benefits.
This position is classified as exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Reports To: Developer will report to the President.
What you get to do:
- Write, maintain, test and document code for applications and platforms. Code will adhere to internal coding standards.
- Function as an integral part of the development team, actively contributing towards the development of our tools, services and platforms.
- Review and contribute on a regular basis to the ongoing improvement of team practices and approaches, with a view to making the team more effective and improving our service delivery.
- Understand project and development plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines
- Support debugging/rework efforts
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
We’re Looking for:
- 1-3 years of coding experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related field or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in debugging tools and testing methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with version control systems, such as git / GitHub
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Agile software development environment is a plus
- Ability to follow a well-defined development process.
- Demonstrated experience with building and supporting software for use in live production environments
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and learn quickly and independently
- Good communication skills are essential; need to be able to work in a cross-disciplinary, distributed team
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Extended Medical Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan